Trek was probably the most amazing thing I will do this summer. If you don't know already Trek is where the youth of the LDS church get to go to Wyoming and spend three days living like a pioneer!!!!!
The first day we had to wake up really early so we could be at the church and load the busses at 5:30. The bus ride was so long ( around six or seven hours) and it was hard to get much sleep because it was cramped and raining. When we finally got to Independence Rock it had stopped raining but the wind was blowing super hard. In fact when we had climbed to the top of the rock it was blowing so hard that we would try to fall over and it would push us back up.
After that we went to Martin's Cove and hiked to see where all the pioneers had camped. On the hike to our campground we had to cross a river, (well you didn't have to but I decided to.) Anyway the water was really cold and it came up to my chest. The bad thing was I had worn jeans so by the time we arrived at our campground I was not only very wet and very cold but had chaffing on my legs which let me tell you is VERY painful! So yeah, I wasn't in the greatest of moods that night but it was way fun hanging out with my "family" in which I had the coolest sisters ever! Karley and Beatrice, seniors, Megan, a junior, Beverly, a sophmore and Jessica, Kathy and I, freshmen. We practically stayed up all night talking and telling scary stories.
The next day we got into our pioneer clothes,ate breakfast and had our morning devotional before heading off to the bus for a 2 hour drive to where we were treking. This part was probably the most exciting of all because we actually looked like pioneers and had the opportunity to pull handcarts. A funny thing that happened with the handcarts were that the boys started out with them and we would keep asking them if they were ready to let us have a turn. ( I particularly wanted to try them because I wanted to be like a pioneer) but the boys kept insisting that they weren't tired yet. Finally after about an hour of this the girls all insisted that we get a turn so the boys handed them over and to our great surprise they were REALLY heavy. Why do boys make it look so easy?
Anyway we had to pull them through lots of mud, water and millions of misquitos. After lunch we had to do the womens pull, where all the boys went off to "war" or in other words went ahead of us while we had to pull the handcarts up a mountain all by ourselves. It was really hard, not to mention one of my sisters got sick and had to be pulled in the cart and one of the other girls who was pulling with me had some kind of hip problem and almost passed out before we got to the top. I know that the pioneers had it really tough but let me tell you it was extremely tiring.
Once we got to the top all the boys were there with there hats off waiting for us to pass. It was a really spiritual experience considering most of the boys were the ones that you probably would have never guessed would do that. When we finally got done with that we finished by pulling ( and walking) back to the bus. On the way back one of the boys found and caught a horny toad which we named Reggie. I got to have him sit on my bonnet ( as shown in the pictures to the right) He was so cool!
When we got back to the campground I found out that I had a really bad sunburn on my head. But it didn't keep me from going square dancing. Unfortunately I only got to dance with 2 cute boys. (The ones that I really wanted to dance with already had dance partners). When Square Dancing was over we just hung out until really early in the night (or should I say morning haha).
The next morning we packed all our stuff and got on the bus where we headed off to Rock Creek Hollow. That was probably the most spiritual experience because we had a testimony meeting and saw the mass graves of the people who died there, and other reasons which are probably to spiritual to mention. Plus it was a really peaceful place. After that we got on the bus for the 6 hour drive home. Overall it was an amazing experience.
Wow what a long post. Sorry! I couldn't help it!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last day of school pictures
Autumn, Jamie, Mrs Hymas,Jaycee,Me
Me and Megan
Her glasses are tight!
Me, Kenzie and Karlie
Me, Jamie and Ashley
Ashley, Kayla, Jamie
Leo and I
me signing his yearbook
Me, Abbey, Becca and Kiran
Jamie, Me, Jaycee
This one is blurry too.
Natalie, Michelle and I
Sorry this one is kind of blurry
Me and Amy
Me, Jamie and Autumn at Lagoon
Soaked after Rattlesnake Rapids
Back row left to right: Mrs. Westrich, Sarah, Autumn, Jamie, Alison, Debbie, Laura. Front row: Me, Riley, Mrs Hymas
The Biathalon
All of us were pretty tired when we were done. I took 9th place Samy, Kayla, Me, Jaycee, Jamie
Pictures are so fun
I luv my Beanie
Goofin off with my camera
haha... SMILE!
ME!
Me n' my shades
Me on Halloween
I am supposed to be Cinderella :)
Tessa
She likes to play Peek-a-Boo!
Ian
he is soo cute with his nativity set!!!!
Oakley
He's a real monkey:)
cassie
uh..
The Christmas Dance
the dance was sooo fun!
More goofin with my camera
Me Autumn and Jamie
Hangin' at Jamie's
silly face everyone
Favorites
- If I could meet a celebrity I would probably meet Alexander Ludwig...He is soooo hot!
- My Favorite Animal Is the Sea Turtle.
- My Favorite Beverage is Lemonade!
- My Favorite Book is Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.
- My Favorite Book Series is The Fablehaven Series.
- My Favorite Color is Pink!
- My Favorite Dessert is Key Lime Pie.
- My Favorite Food is Chicken Noodle Soup.
- My Favorite Game is Quirkle.
- My Favorite Movie is Pride and Predjudice.
- My Favorite Sport is SOCCER!!!!
- My Favorite word is "Su-weet"!
- My Favortite song is Crush by David Archuleta.
Field Trip!
Me and Jaycee holding up the airplane's wing!
Crazy Science Experiment 1
Me falling of the weird spinning thingy
Undercover!
Me and Autie in a flight simulator
Experiment 2
Jaycee with the magical bike tire
The Bus
My last gummy bear!
HELP!
A killer jet coming straight at me. Haha
The Moon
Me, Jaycee, Autie, and Jamie
On Mars
holy cow! I look like and idiot. Oh well it was fun anyway!
Rocker (The title for the coolest rock climber ever! Haha
Dang! Rock climbing kills your arms, but it is so fun and scary!




That soungds like fun!!! Which boys did you dance with????
ReplyDelete